Forming a Foundation
The Work I do is based in personal practice as a foundation for expanding and releasing your potential. So, the first session starts with a few questions that help orient me to what you need and want. Then, we begin with some body-based practices: movement-posture, breathing, and relaxation. I often use some hands-on assists in teaching, and sometimes we can do some simple partner postures. These sessions are clothing-optional per your choice. Often, the sessions begin with a verbal check-in, and involve growing the ability to be self-reflective. The standard session length is 90 minutes, though sometimes a session may be 60 minutes after we've worked together for a while.
As you develop your personal practice, there are other avenues that I can coach you in, for example, some of the sexual energy tantric practices. Everyone is different and the practices are therefore adapted to each individual.
The Importance of a Personal Practice
In order to effectively and safely embody and channel the powerful energies that these Tantric practices awaken from dormancy, a regular, individualized yoga practice is needed. We will work together to create a practice that embraces and supports all aspects of your being. Tantra means 'to weave.' In Evolutionary Eros, through these Yogic and Tantric practices, we weave together loose strands of ourselves into an integrated tapestry of self-realization. Those aspects of ourselves that have been banished or exaggerated gain proportion and balance. We experience, we embody Eros as the energy of ourselves, of ongoing creation manifesting through us, moment to moment.
Part of the Way of Tantra is becoming aware of, with increasingly deep compassion, and healing the wounding many of us have suffered from our societal conditioning and religious training. Evolutionary Eros is dedicated to freeing ourselves, individually and collectively, from the tyranny of guilt and shame which has permeated and infiltrated our erotic love lives. Many men who find their way to this work have found that the confines of the roles or identities they have taken on no longer fit them, whether that be sexual orientation, range of emotional expression, gender identity and fluidity of expression, coming out issues, sexual potency, body image issues, and the bigger questions that naturally arise out of this search - Who Am I? Why Am I here? What is my True Nature beyond any identity and definition?
What would an Evolutionary Eros lesson be like? What would we do? What others are saying...
Following is a list of TANTRIC TOOLS that may be used in a lesson. Everyone
is different, with different desires and needs. Every lesson is created anew
with each individual.
These Tantric Tools allow us to acknowledge and explore such TOPICS AND
- Relaxation: The Root Practice
- Yoga Postures: Solo & Partnered
- Sounding and Silence, Mantra
- Movement and Stillness
- Meditation: Process of Purification, Cleansing, and Inner Silence, The Flow
- Touch: Safe Space - Clear, Agreed-Upon Boundaries
- Holding and Hugging: Cellular Holding - The Cellular Seed of Tantra, Unconditional Presence without expectation. The Nourishment of Preverbal and Non-Verbal Embodied Consciousness, The Primacy of Touch/Movement: the Foundation of the Senses
- Conscious Nudity: Body Image, Diversity of Shape and Size, The Continuum of Clothing, "Sky-Clad"
- Gazing, Being Gazed Upon: Permission to Look and to Be Seen
- Permission to Feel Sensations and Emotions
- Deep Listening
- Role Play: The Fluid Flow of Gender, Character, and Identity. Rescripting, Reframing.
- Expanding Erogenous Zones: Every cell, The Eros of Breath
- The Allowed Breath. Repatterning Limiting Habits, Reducing Hidden Tension. Reclaiming areas that were deemed "off limits" from conditioning. The Healing Power of Being Witnessed and Witnessing.
- Pelvic Pulsations: Pelvic Exercises for urogenital health, anal-rectal-digestive health, sexual-erotic-spiritual evolution. Root to Crown, Perineum to Palette.
- Selective Abstention: A Means of Energy Preservation and Cultivation, Brahmacharya
- Soothing the Senses. Sensory-Sensual Therapy including touch (massage and bodywork), movement (asana, vinyasa, sahaja yoga), taste (diet, ayurveda), smell (aromatherapy, pranayama), sound (nada yoga, mantra), and sight (yantra, gazing: drishti, tratak). Sensory Involution (Pratyahara)
- Acceptance and Forgiveness
- Sexual Orientation - All are welcome.
- Coming Out: Should I come out? The Challenges, The Rewards
- Premature Ejaculation: supporting the ability to contain and sustain
- Difficulty Ejaculating: supporting the ability to release
- Impotence - Psychobiological limitation or a Case of Limited Thinking?
- The Continuum of Erotic Expression in the male body-mind, ranging from a subtle, internal suffusion of energy (yin) to an external, fiery arousal (yang).
- Affection, Tenderness, Touch, Sex, Love
- Intimacy - What is it?
- Body Image, Self-Image: Anorexia, The "Adonis Complex"
- Guilt and Shame, Sexual Sorrow/Sexual Healing: Individual and Collective, Personal and Ancestral. The Ground of Basic Goodness. Inner Smile. Witnessing. Reparenting.
- Touch Deprivation / Nourishing Touch. Self-Touch, Giving and Receiving Touch
- Affection Starvation / Affection Satiation
- Sexual Anorexia: Healing a Sense of Unworthiness, Rain in the Desert: Releasing the Elixir of Eros.
- Sexual Addiction/Compulsion as a Spiritual Calling in Disguise: What am I really longing for? The role of Yogic and Tantric practices in healing, in answering The Call. Am I hurting myself, and others? How do I stop, redirect? The Support of Solitude, The Support of Community: When to reach out, when to reach in. Cultivating Compassion.
- Pornography: What is Porn? What is Art? How does it affect me? Over stimulation of the Nervous System. Am I actually searching for affection, for living touch?
- Understanding the Development of the Senses: Touch and Movement as the primal foundation for the development of the other senses. What happens when we "lose touch" with ourselves and others and rely excessively on the visual sense?
- Celibacy, Monogamy, Polygamy, Promiscuity - What do I really want? How do my choices affect me? What are the risks? What are the rewards?
- The Path of Being Single, The Path of Being a Couple, The Role of Community/Group
- Flow and Friction: The Varied Dynamics of Intimate Relationship.
- Healing Homophobia - Individually and Collectively
- The gifts of the Two-Spirited Ones
- The Emergence of Ecstatic Bliss
- Allowing for the Ebb and Flow of Erotic Energy: Feeling erotic with and without erection
- The "Hypnoerotic Landscape": Betwixt and between erect and flaccid as potent territory of transformation
Unity Through Diversity
No previous experience is required, only an honest openness to learn and be present to yourself and others. Each man's individuality will be honored. No pyro-technical postures or partnering will be used that excludes anyone.
Private Session Length
90 minutes -
First-time appointments include an intake interview and are 90 minutes.
All following sessions are also 90 minutes, unless you specifically request a 60 minute session beforehand
when you schedule the appointment.
Please inquire for current rates